Wednesday, April 21, 2010

136 Students trained last week!

Last week (12-17 April) was an incredibly busy one for the LETCEE training team!
Not only did we have a module of Level 4 training happening at our centre in Greytown;
we also had 5 of our team venture off to Ingwavuma.
We were asked by Ingwavuma Orphan Care centre to conduct training for 110 Family Support Members.
Our team each trained a group of FST's in the basics of Early Childhood Development, covering topics like why we need Early Childhood Interventions, child development, children's rights, child management and learning through play . For some of the women, it was the first time they were receiving any form of training.

We recieved positive feedback...
What have you learnt that will be most useful in you work?
"All what I learnt will help me to improve the knowledge of those children" -Zodwa

"I have learnt about the rights of children and their needs. This is important. ... About abuse and to listen to the child if he or she wants to tell you something." -Thulile
What did you learn this week, that you will now change in the way you do your work?
"I change the way which I see the family, I will respect them. " -Goodness
"I will listen to their problems, be polite, giving them a smile."
"I have learnt a lot of things that will change in my work, listening to the kids and make sure of their rights." -David
Other comments?
"The course was good and our facilitator was easily approachable. I hope we will have another training." - Thabsile
"More training like this will be of great value to the FST's" -Hlengiwe
"Because LETCEE is an organisation that has strong programmes in social and community development, we ask you to come again to help us. We like to develop our communities."

No comments:

Post a Comment