Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A hard hitting reality

Over the past couple of months I have been busy with LETCEE's new website and this has meant that I have been looking through photographs of many of the families that we have been working with over the past two years. As I began to recognise the same children coming up in the photographs (with very happy faces I might add) I noticed that they are still wearing the same clothes (jackets and pants) two years down the line. The clothes have faded a little and they only reach half way down the children's arms and legs. Wow, it made me realize that though we have an ECI programme, maybe greater effort needs to be placed on family resources and sources of income generation so that these families can generate their own income to provide for basic needs such as clothing for their childen.

No comments:

Post a Comment