Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Official Opening of Sikhulakahle Toy Library



Wow! I can't believe that almost 3 weeks have passed since the Toy Library was officially opened. I remember thinking on the day that I had better write about it and then, as is the nature of all NGO's I became busy with so many other things.


What a journey the development of the Sikhulakahle Toy Library has been. What an adventure!! When the container finally arrived in April last year I think we all thought that we would have the Toy Library up and running in no time. A year and a bit later we can now say it is officially open and being enjoyed by many childern in the Mbuba community.


As is the case when working with communities, processes happen slowly, from building the roof over the top to electing a Toy Librarian to painting the Toy Library.


I must say that I am encouraged by the many people who donated their time, effort and expertise to make this dream a reality! It has been a frustrating but rewarding journey and now that it is being used by the community I am ready to take on the process again in another community...

No comments:

Post a Comment