Friday, January 20, 2012

What an inspiring young lady!



I was really blown away by this young lady. What a love she must have for people and it was so good to hear of someone who still believes she can make a difference to the lives of others and is not so overwhelmed by need that she sits back and does nothing. Thanks Tyrah on behalf of the children that you have so generously helped! Here is the letter we received from Tyrah after she held her garage sale to raise money for children in Africa who have less than she does....

"Hello, my name is Tyrah and I am 10 years old. I live in Australia with my family. My Mama used to live in South Africa, and she tells me stories about how kids over there don't have as much as I do. I thought that there must be something I can do to help, so Mama and I came up with the idea of having a garage sale and sending our profits to help children in South Africa. Mama found LETCEE online and we decided that, that is where we should send the money we raised.

I asked all my friends and family to donate any unwanted thing they had... and boy did they have a lot of stuff!!!! It took a whole day to organize the clothes, kitchen things, DVD's, shoes, my Great Grandpa's records...the list goes on and on. Some of my family did not have anything to donate so they donated money, my Godfather and his family donated $100. WOW!

Finally we had th garage sale on Saturday December 3rd 2011. My Great Grandparents, my Mama and Papa, my Aunty Sheila and my Mum and little brother all helped out. And some of my family even come to buy some things on the day. A lot of people gave extra money or just said 'keep the change'. All together the garage sale raised about $420 then my Uncle and Aunty donated $50 so Mama made it up to a total of $500 then with my Godfathers $100 we raised $600 in total.

I hope this small donation helps the kids have a happy Christmas this year.

From Tyrah Rose."

No comments:

Post a Comment